Below is an assortment of dread extensions created by me, if you see something you like and would like it to be modified to fit your personal preference, or just strictly duplicated let me know when ordering.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Can I wash my dreads? – Yes. But it’s not recommended. If your dreads start to smell or they got dirty somehow, hand wash them in diluted gentle shampoo or buy some dry shampoo. I recommend using the dry shampoo as wetting the dreads make them very heavy! Make sure not to untangle or condition your dreads, when you’re done let them air dry. DO NOT blow dry!
- How long can I leave my dreads in for?- I recommend ONE month at a time to prevent damage to your natural hair. You can always re-install them once your natural hair has had a breather.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Do: style your dread extensions in knots. It won’t ruin your dreads or braids and it’s easier to knot them up instead of using pony tails
- Do: try to sleep with a satin pillow case when wearing extensions, if you don’t have a satin pillow case, try sleeping with a bandana on to prevent the base of your braid or the start of your extensions from frizzing.
- Do: use aloe if you start to get hairline irritation, it works wonders. This is more likely to happen if you have a sensitive scalp. If it starts to irritate you too much, try taking them out and giving your scalp a rest for a day or two.
- Do: twirl your dreads in your fingers (don’t palm them; it doesn’t work the same on synthetic dreads)
- Don’t: brush your extensions! EVER!
- Don’t: put hair products on your extensions or falls.
- Don’t: ever use conditioner if you have to wash your dreads.
IF YOU NEED ANY FURTHER HELP PLEASE GET IN TOUCH!